Village Office

12060 Heath Street
P.O. Box 371
Birch Run, MI 48415
Phone: (989) 624-5711
Fax: (989) 624-9681


Posted in Posts | Comments Off on Directory

A Brief History…

Birch Run was originally founded as a station on the Pere Marquette Railroad by John Moore, it’s first Postmaster, in 1852.  The town was named after it’s creek, which runs thru a large birch tree area.  In 1863, the town was renamed Deer Lick and remained so until 1868 when it reverted back to Birch Run.  In 1955, Birch Run was incorporated as a Village.  Currently, the Village encompasses 1.89 square miles.

Posted in Posts | Comments Off on A Brief History…